Archive for January, 2015
This fall I got the opportunity to photograph the sweet Neugent family. Stacia is a friend from high school and it was so great to see her growing family. Her and Charlie’s little guy, Brantley was so precious and I loved seeing the 3 of them all cuddled up together.
Krysta and Jonathan’s engagement session is seriously adorable. But the one who really stole the show was their Labradoodle, Waffles. Waffles was apart of many aspects of their session as you will see, and this is completely understandable since Waffles is kinda the reason they met and they Krysta and Jonathan both adore him. They even brought along a friend who we affectionately called the “Doodle Wrangler.” I had so much fun with this crew, running around Uptown and capturing beautiful shots of their family of 3. 🙂 We even stopped by the courthouse because Jonathan works there as an attorney. I loved being able to shoot there, it is so huge and beautiful.
Krysta and Jonathan, I can’t wait until your wedding in April!
I had the pleasure of photographing Mike and Eileen’s wedding this past fall. I have kinda been in a blogging hiatus the past couple of months because of end of year editing and Christmas time busyness, but I am thrilled to be back to regularly blogging and to have Mike and Eileen’s sweet wedding day first up! Located at the Brawley House, this wedding is filled with beautiful fall colors and blooms.
Mike and Eileen, thank you for allowing me to photograph your special day. It was an honor and a blast. Much love to you both.
2014 was a great year for Photography by Angela Tucker. I am just so thankful. For the past few years I have only taken 8-10 weddings per year so I that I can keep a good balance of wedding and portrait work, as well as make sure my home life is well taken care of. But something happened to me in 2014. I fell in love with wedding work all over again. My couples were just so wonderful to work with and their weddings were just so fabulous that I could not picture myself only shooting 8-10 weddings this year. So in 2015 I am capping off at 15 weddings. This is going to mean some changes in my portrait work in terms of cutting back, but I am so thrilled to take on a few more couples and amazing weddings this year. If you are interested in booking for 2015, there are only 4 spots left so get in touch with me!
Some of my favorite things that happened this year business-wise:
- Mine and Matt’s goal setting date last January at Village Tavern. (I am so happy to say many of the goals we set were accomplished) Now, I must plan one of these dates for this year.
- First print publication in Charlotte Wedding Magazine and 2 more features in Carolina Bride. Thanks to these wonderful publications for sharing the stories of my awesome couples!
- The Trevor Daley Workshop. Man, this workshop gave me a boost going in to 2014. I really credit many of the goals I set to this workshop, and after attending my workflow got so much faster. Thanks Trevor!
- The birth of Knox Ezekiel. Ok, I know this is not business related but how could this not be on my list of top things that happened? He is just the best.
- The McClungs family shoot in memory of Ezekiel. This is a personal and business one but 2014 for will forever be impacted our sweet Zeke. Click on the link to read more.
- The most awesome clients in the world. No really, they are the best. I have so many repeat portrait clients that I LOVE and have gotten to see grow, change, add babies, move homes, etc… And as I said, my wedding couples have given me a new love for weddings. A sincere thank you to each of you who entrusted me with your most treasured memories this year. I love you all.
I have been way behind on blogging as I wrapped up all my 2014 edits but that changes today. Stay tuned for lots of new blog posts coming your way and also some new things happening in 2015!